i love a good breakfast salad. usually i’ll take whatever i have left in the fridge, throw it on some greens and poach an egg to top it. this salad has dandelion greens, kale & sautéed mushrooms in a lemon-pomegranate vinaigrette. it’s topped with a poached egg, pomegranate seeds & chives!
BREAKFAST SALAD RECIPE serves 1
- chop dandelion greens & kale. in a small bowl, squeeze lemon on them, massage & set aside.
- heat 1 tbsp butter over medium heat. add mushrooms & onions and saute ~10 minutes, or until mushrooms release their juices and onions become translucent.
- while those are cooking, poach egg in a separate saucepan.
- transfer greens to a plate and drizzle with 1 tbsp pomegranate juice, 1 tsp maple syrup and salt+pepper.
- top with mushrooms, onions & poached egg.
- garnish with pomegranate seeds and chives!