this is what happens when you join a CSA. you google vegetables you’ve never heard of before to figure out what the heck to do with ’em and then create magical meals that you would have never thought to create otherwise! we got a kobucha squash, watermelon radish & sooo many carrots, sweet potatoes and parsnips in our latest batch…and decided to attack them top-chef style using only ingredients we had in the apartment and from the latest share. the result was a potpourri of dishes that may not have complemented each other perfectly but were all freakin’ awesome in their own right.
plus, it was plated so beautifully that you couldn’t not like it…
what we made:
- sweet potato, carrot & parsnip rosemary “fries”
- sauteed bok choy with ginger garlic & onion
- watermelon radish (!!) with avocado lime dressing
- mashed kobucha squash with cayenne-toasted squash seeds
- homemade hummus & falafel (bc doesn’t every just have falafel mixes lying around?)