because who doesn’t like to wake up to mocha deliciousness in the morning? this ol’ mason jar recipe satiates my chocolate fix AND caffeine kick, and only takes 5 minutes to throw together… enjoy! RECIPE: OVERNIGHT MOCHA CHIA PUDDING serves 1
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup whole chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (to taste)
- boil 1 tablespoon hot water in a small saucepan. add instant coffee, stirring until dissolved. add chia seeds, almond milk, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, maple syrup and salt to taste. stir to combine, then transfer to two serving bowls, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge overnight (or for at least 1 hour).
- chill overnight and enjoy the next morning!
(above photo courtesy of PlateJoy)