the things & quotes & people that inspire me.
in the blog world:
- greenkitchenstories: life envy
- my new roots: can sarah britton just be my personal chef?
- sprouted kitchen: the pictures. oh the pictures. and then recipes.
- joy the baker: her ability to turn trivial thoughts into captivating reads is envious
- happyolks: brilliant and insightful prose
- the first mess: seasonal and simple, with hilarious narrative
- whatshouldieatforbreakfasttoday: because breakfast is the best, duh
-Cheryl Strayed, Wild
“If digging up our gardens, getting an allotment, shopping at farmers’ markets, growing organically, and eating sustainably is seen as a sign of our collective guilt for what we have done to the planet, then so be it. We can never totally undo what has been done. But there are some of us, hopeful, deluded, possibly a wee bit mad, who are happy to try to put in more than we take out. One of the ways we can do that is to eat a greener diet.”
-Nigel Slater, Tender